Here are several important reminders and urgent requests from our PTO this week.
Please consider some of the requests and reminders below:
Our annual 5K this year is scheduled to be held in November and is scheduled for Saturday, November 16th as the Veterans Victory 5K! This is a fun event and a great way to encourage our WPA community to be active. It is also a great fundraising event for the school.
Right now we desperately need someone who is willing to be the CHAIRPERSON for the FUNDRAISING PORTION of this important event! The position entails having the Chairperson and their committee contact corporations, businesses and vendors who would like to be sponsors of the event (at the starting line and finishing line, drink station and to advertise on the event t-shirts).
If you can help coordinate this part of the event and are still looking for a great way to get your volunteer hours for the year, please contact our PTO president, John Murphy immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-643-1846
- We have a student that needs help getting to Sunrise Montessori (43 S 200 W, Bountiful) after school. Anyone willing and able to help can contact John Murphy, our PTO President at email@example.com or 801-643-1846. He will put them in touch with the student’s parent.
- REMINDER: Student Directories are now available to purchase in the front office for $3 each – there are some terrific coupons inside from local businesses who support our school community such as Blue Diamond Premium (cleaning & restoration services), photography discounts for WPA families, coupons from Cold Stone and Orchard Lanes, and more! Student Directories will also be available for purchase during Parent Teacher Conferences.
- REMINDER: Parent Teacher Conferences are being held next week on Tuesday, October 1st and Wednesday, October 2nd (more information in the newsletter emailed from the school including early out info).
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Giving Trees will be posted for each classroom in the Gym during Parent Teacher Conference – these are items that teachers have on their wish list for donations for their classrooms and are updated throughout the year with ongoing needs.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Book Fair is next week! Volunteers are needed and the book fair times will be held at the same times as Parent Teacher Conferences. For more info see the previous post about Book Fair HERE.
- Vision Screening is scheduled for Kindergarten and 2nd Grade students on October 2nd! Volunteers are needed to help with the screening! If you can help please sign up HERE or contact Carin Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- REMINDER: After School Clubs are still looking for volunteers who can lead classes – more information can be found on the previous post HERE.
- VOLUNTEER REQUEST! We are still looking for someone who can be the Chairperson for our Night of the Arts event in the Spring – more info on that can be found on our previous post HERE.
- Classroom Captains Still Needed! Please see the listUPDATE: We still need class captains for Mikesell and Carlson- see the original post for more info HERE.
- REMINDER: Picture Retakes are scheduled for October 10th!